Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Oooh La Vegas

Taken by 21st Century Pinups.net
Off to Las Vegas soon to see the wonderful lady’s at The Burlesque Hall of Fame Pageant (used to be Miss Exotic World, but I wonder if the 'Miss World' people have got all snotty about it?)
No I am not a performer, just a happy spectator.
I don’t think The Orleans knows what kind of glamour bomb is going to go off in their lobby during the weekend.

I haven’t a clue what to pack!

OK that’s a lie, I am taking my two favourite dresses that I got from down the road in the shop Circa Vintage .They might have been expensive dresses and I did have to save up, but they have been well worth it the amount of time and occasions I have worn them (and been asked where I got them from when I do wear them).


Have my eye on a red Dior dress in there, but at £1800! it will have to stay a dream.


They are only some of my favourite dresses in my wardrobe, mixed up with along with the finds from charity shops and car boot sales of the past, so they will have to come with me and a new retro polka dot swimsuit I ordered online for around the pool has just arrived and is coming too.

I try to pack light but it is Las Vegas, the chance to wear my glam stuff and not get too stared at. Ok a little bit stared at.cant be missed.
So two glitter dresses, a gold D and G suit, four evening dresses, day dresses and the list will go on, no doubt.


I do tend to travel quite abit for fun, so packing isn’t normally such a worry.


But what do you pack for two weeks that is going to included going to burlesque shows and a pageant, pool parties 9 take my rubber duck?), burlesque bowling (do you need pasties or tassels for your bowling ball?),pin up modelling safari (do I need a hat?) and a whole host of unknown things that will pop up!


My tip for keeping luggage weigh low might not even help this time.


I normally pack one set of accessories that tend to go with everything. My list normally includes, nude strappy high heeled sandals and a pair of gold evening shoes, a gold and a black clutch evening bag , a cream and one black evening Jacket with a nude pashmina will go with most evening dresses so they mix and match. A plain pair of pool shoes that will go with all my swim and pool wear , a good pair of neutral day shoes and a pair of cream trousers are my basics and tend to keep weight in my case low.
So now all I have to do is pick my dresses, tops and trousers!
Oh dear how long is it till my plane leaves?

About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom
Lover of most things vintage and retro

Blog Archive